While you are in the midst of moving to Phoenix, it may seem instinct to stop at fast food restaurants on the way, or go out to eat at your favorite restaurants, just because you have the best excuse to do so. However, once you begin to settle into your new house, preparing meals at home will be beneficial to your health, and your wallet. Local Phoenix movers at All My Sons Moving & Storage are here to share with you one of our favorite meals: breakfast. Here is an easy breakfast recipes to cook in your new home after moving to Phoenix.
Hot Quinoa Cereal
You will need:
1 cup almond milk
1/3 cup quinoa flakes
1/4 cup goji berries, dried blueberries, or cranberries
pinch of sea salt
peanut butter, almost butter, maple syrup, or honey
toasted walnuts or raw almonds
1.In a small to medium sized saucepan, set over medium-high heat and bring your almond milk to a boil
2. Add the 1/3 cup quinoa flakes, 1/4 cup goji berries, and pinch of salt
3. Turn off the heat and stir
4. Let cereal sit for 3 minutes and allow for quinoa flakes to cook though
5. Stir one more time, it should be thicker and creamier
6. Ladle the cereal into a bowl and top with your choice of delicious toppings!
If you are looking for more delicious recipes to cook in your new home after moving to Phoenix, check out our blog!
Thousands of Arizonans have committed to march with groups around the country advocating for women’s rights the day after Donald Trump is sworn into the White House as the President of the United States. Local Phoenix movers at All My Sons Moving & Storage say this Phoenix women’s march is being organized by a grassroots group of volunteers that plan to gather at the state Capitol on January 21, 2107.
The women’s march is for promoting the value of human rights, equal rights, community efforts, and more. Local Phoenix movers report that if people wish to exercise their First Amendment rights, they can show up to the Capitol and do as they please. However, there is a slight problem with this Phoenix women’s march: Capitol officials say the group must secure $2 million in liability insurance. The Capitol allows for events like this; however, you must go through the registration process before obtaining your space to march.
There are three different categories of events at that can take place at the Capitol:
1.Individuals or groups can march at any time, no permit required
2. Individuals or groups can reserve space to hold a conference lasting no more than 30 minutes on the House or Senate lawn, or in the rose garden using a podium. Applicants must fill out an application and be approved before conference.
3. Individuals or groups can rally or protest on the Capitol grounds and may use props, stages, or tables. They must also fill out an application and be approved, but they need to have insurance as well.
In this event, we turn to event number three. Unfortunately for this Phoenix women’s march, it is a bit difficult to purchase the insurance being asked for by the Capitol because the private citizens are not sponsored by an official group.
For the event to go as planned, the march can be held with no equipment or bathrooms, they could get a permit to hold a news conference, or they can get a permit and the insurance as they hope. With just a few days left, local Phoenix movers hope for the best when it comes to this Phoenix women’s march.
With almost 20 years running, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series is one of the most fun running events in the United States. Starting in 1998, runners participated in a marathon that had live bands playing their music all along the course. It has turned into an annual event that gives back to children. After moving to Phoenix, what better way to get involved in your community while having fun and giving back than in an Arizona marathon?
The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series is a weekend full of health and fitness, with a finish line concert. Participants get to walk or run on a scenic course that highlights host cities famous sites, live and local bands along the course, fans cheering them on as they pass by, an Official Participant shirt, a Finisher’s Medal and Certificate, free admission to the Finish Line Festival and Post Race Concert, and free admission to the 2-day Health and Fitness Expo.
If you are a new resident after moving to Phoenix, know that running in this Arizona marathon helps save lives at the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon begins at 7:50 a.m. on Wednesday, January 15. Starting line is at the Arizona Center at Van Buren Street and 2nd Street in Phoenix. It runs for about 7 hours and ends at the finish line at Rio Salado Parkway at Ash, Tempe.
Your local Phoenix movers at All My Sons Moving & Storage encourages everyone to get out and have some fun on a run!
Whether you are a music fanatic or not, attending a live concert is an entirely different experience that is worth living. You do not have to go to a great, big venue to get the full concert atmosphere, either. All My Sons local Phoenix movers share that concerts are not only fun, but they are even good for your health. Here are some of the biggest upcoming concerts in Phoenix worth discovering.
If you are a country music lover like the local Phoenix movers, join us at the Jake Owen and Chase Rice concert on Wednesday, February 1 at 7 p.m. at the Birds Nest at TPC Scottsdale.
If you prefer bluegrass, Del McCoury will be performing on Thursday, February 2 at 7:30 p.m. at the Musical Instrument Museum – Music Theater.
Classic rock fans choose this one of the biggest concerts in Phoenix. Chicago – The Band will be performing live at the Tuscan Music Hall on Thursday, February 2 at 8 p.m.
Ariana Grande will be putting on a show, and you can bet that this will be one of the biggest concerts in Phoenix this February. She will be at the Talking Stick Resort Area on Friday, February 3 at 6:30 p.m.
If you are into the smooth sounds of reggae, Rebelution on Friday, February 3 at 9 p.m. at the Rialto Theatre. You can also catch Iration at the same venue less than a week later, on Thursday, February 9 at 8 p.m.
Local Phoenix movers at All My Sons Moving & Storage suggest checking out Phoenix Concerts for all of your information in regards to the biggest and greatest upcoming concerts in Phoenix throughout the year.
Arizona is known for its sunny skies and perfect weather, but even Phoenix residents must warm their homes up in the winter months. Local Phoenix movers say this sunny state sometimes experiences December temperatures dipping into the low 40s. Do not let the holiday season bring an outstanding energy bill to your front door. Here is how you can save money on your energy bill while heating up your home:
1. Worn weather-stripping allows cold drafts into your home, causing homeowners to crank up their furnaces to stay comfortable. Replace worn weather-stripping and caulking around doors and windows.
2. Use a portable heater in areas where people commonly gather, like the living room or the kitchen. This gives your furnace a much-needed break, and will save 3 percent on costs for every degree below 70 that you turn down your furnace.
3. Local Phoenix movers urge you to take advantage of the Phoenix sun! Despite the cold weather, the sun will still help to heat up your home for free. Keep your blinds open around your windows for extra heat. This will give your furnace a break during the day, cutting down on your energy bill.
4. Windows account for up to 25 percent of heat loss in homes. Simply covering your windows and glass doors with clear plastic film can save up to 14 percent on an energy bill. Local Phoenix movers share that the film comes off easy for the warmth of spring.
5. Install a programmable thermostat. Studies show programmable thermostats that automatically drop the temperature during times that you are not home can minimize your heating bill by at least 10 percent.
Holiday celebrations start in late November with Thanksgiving, kicking off a string of parties, traveling, giant feasts, and delicious sweets. Phoenix movers and packers at All My Sons know this is usually the most difficult time of year for people to maintain self-control with their diets. The limitless temptations of the holiday season make it difficult for even the strictest dieters to stay healthy during the holidays.
Follow these simple tips from your Phoenix movers and packers at All My Sons Moving & Storage to stay in shape during the holidays.
1. Keep it moving. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day. No matter how busy your schedule is, only a half hour a day of physical activity can help keep your body healthy and in shape throughout the season. Go for a walk, a hike, a jog, a bike ride, a swim, or shoot some hoops. Phoenix movers and packers also recommend getting your family involved. This is a fun and healthy way to spend time together. Even one big activity a week instead of a movie will balance out some of your holiday indulgences.
2. Sign up for a race. Phoenix hosts races in December, such as Angels on Patrol, AZ Santa Run, Santa Hustle Marathon, and the Gingerbread 5K. Anticipating a race will remind you to keep in shape and motivate yourself to exercise each day.
3. Treat yourself occasionally! Phoenix movers and packers know how tempting holiday treats can be. Treat yourself for your hard work and indulge, but only occasionally. Limiting your intake of sweets, drinks, and holiday meals will make them taste that much better once you do treat yourself. Everything in moderation will keep you on track!
December is here, which means the season of celebration! Your days and nights will be full of parties, feasts, music, dancing, gifts, and spending quality time with your loved ones. If you suddenly find yourself in the mood to throw an impromptu Christmas party, do not worry about costly decorations that take forever to put on display. Phoenix residential movers at All My Sons Moving Company know some simple tricks to help you decorate your house fast.
-Make your cabinets look like wrapped presents by vertically taping ribbon across the front, then adding a decorative bow to the middle.
-For easy staircase decoration, wrap a string of Christmas lights along the banister. You can also decorate various sized cardboard boxes with wrapping paper to look like presents, then tape each present along the outside of the staircase.
-Of all the easy Christmas decorations, this one is a favorite of Phoenix residential movers: make your refrigerator into a big snowman! Cut out black paper circles for the eyes, smile, and buttons. Cut an orange triangle for the nose. Use wrapping paper to create a scarf and a hat, and you are done!
-For a simple, yet elegant decoration, tie satin ribbon around the back of each table chair in a bow and tape a small flower garnish into the center.
-If you have chandelier lighting, tie Christmas ornaments to strings of different lengths to create quick and easy Christmas decorations for your party.
Phoenix residential movers even have easy Christmas decorations for your cactus: place a Santa hat on the crown, or place tiny ornaments to decorate the top of each arm.
Local Phoenix movers at All My Sons report a sharp increase of millennials in the city in recent years. Per the US Census Bureau, from 2005 to 2015, Arizona counties have seen an increase in millennials moving to large urban counties, now making up 27.2 percent of Arizona’s entire population. In just 10 years, local Phoenix movers share that Arizona’s millennial population has increased by 189,900.
Why are millennials loving Phoenix?
1. Affordable housing and inexpensive real estate taxes
2. If you do not mind a little heat, the weather is nearly perfect year-round
3. Phoenix offers countless outdoor exploration opportunities. Millennials are able to find something to do on any given day.
4. There is a laid back lifestyle. Phoenix offers lounges, dive bars, and outdoor festivals for those to enjoy a night out that feels different from the typical “club scene”.
5. Phoenix has jobs for millennials at major business such as Amazon, Intel, Yelp. And GoDaddy.
Local Phoenix movers know this city has a reputation for being more forward-thinking, embracing young people, and offering things that other areas do not have: professional teams in every sport, museums, nightlife, entertainment, and expanding businesses. Many millennials are making the move to more urban areas such as Phoenix because they feel a stronger sense of opportunity and community engagement. Rural areas are losing their young population to this shift, due to a lack of industry, economy, and local business opportunities. Overall, the young population has reported satisfaction with their decision to move to Phoenix. Local Phoenix movers report on a recent study stating that adults between the ages of 18-26 years old indicated that 83 percent are optimistic about their finances, which is 13 percent higher than the national average.
Preparing the year’s biggest feast for friends and family can require a lot of work. Not to worry, All My Sons Moving Company has a few Thanksgiving Hacks that can make your meal preparation simple and satisfactory.
1.Write out all of your recipes ahead of time so you are not scrambling to remember them the day of.
2. If you do not have a wire roasting rack for your turkey, crumple up multiple sheets of aluminum foil and coil them on the bottom of the pan.
3. Prep and cut all vegetables the day before, and store them in the fridge. This includes chopping onions, peeling potatoes, and washing greens.
4. Add baking powder to mashed potatoes for extra “fluff”. To save room for cooking other items, keep mashed potatoes warm in a slow cooker. Set temperature on low and stir every hour.
5. If you forgot to buy a rolling pin for dough, a wine bottle is just as effective.
6. Use a muffin tin to make individual portions of stuffing. This helps make the stuffing crispier and easier to serve.
7. Potatoes are easier to peel after they have been boiling. Boil them for 15 minutes, let them cool for 10 minutes, and the skin should come right off.
8. Use a portable cooler for extra fridge space.
9. Keep your pie crust frozen up until you put it in the oven. This will maintain its shape the best.
10. Add a spoonful of soy sauce to gravy to bring out the most flavor.
All My Sons moving company suggest you keep these Thanksgiving hacks in mind so you can enjoy your holiday celebration!
Phoenix movers have the perfect spot for nature enthusiasts: The Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix, Arizona. The garden was created in 1939 by passionate Phoenix locals who recognized the need to conserve the desert environment. Over the last 70 years, its mission has been to understand, protect, and preserve the desert’s natural beauty.
The core values of this living plant museum are stewardship, interdependence, authenticity, and accountability:
-Protection and preservation of desert plants, animals, and habitats.
-Promote the understanding that people, plants, and nature are all dependent upon each other for survival.
-To work ethically and responsibly within the community.
The garden aims to promote and spread knowledge around conservation of desert plants, especially in the southwestern United States, and to explain to visitors how abundant life survives and thrives in the harsh Arizona desert.
Today, The Desert Botanical Garden is 1 of 24 botanical gardens nationwide accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. It consists of 140 acres, with 55 of them under cultivation – with over 55,000 plants on display in their lush outdoor exhibits. There are 821 dedicated volunteers, 107 staff members, and over 633,000 attendees every year. This is a popular spot for children’s fieldtrips, as the garden has hosted over 32,000 students.
The Desert Botanical Garden is frequently updating their exhibits, hosting concerts, events, and educational talks. There are seasonal activities such as “Ask a Gardener” on weekends, a nighttime desert experience called “Garden Flashlight Tours”, and “Birds in the Garden”.
As a great spot for a romantic date, an educational afternoon, or a leisurely stroll through the flowers, Phoenix movers say this is a top recommendation for nature lovers to enjoy and appreciate Arizona’s abundant natural beauty.